Friday, November 18, 2011

FIRST PICKS!!!

Hello all, first actual picks, so let's jump right into it...first up: NCAA Men's Basketball

Delaware (+16) at Nova- this seems crazy...Nova is 2-0, UD 0-1 with an ugly loss at Radford (they of the 5 win season last year). But with freshmen, you never know, and UD has a lot of em. They probably wont win, but at +16, I like their odds.

Duke (-16) vs Davidson- Its the ACC, baby. I apologize for the reference, but it still holds true...this is a team that looks unstoppable.

Miss St (+6) vs Arizona- Arizona didnt wow me vs St Johns; Miss St is the quintessential underdog that almost always upsets.

NCAAF:

Iowa St (+27) vs Ok St- Its messed up to pick against OK St given the circumstances, but they will be playing with heavy hearts, hearts that may just keep Iowa St around...

Cal (+20.5) vs Stanford- A classic game, this one favors the Bears, with Stanford coming off a loss to Oregon, and in rivalry games, nothing is a given.

PSU (+5.5) vs OHIO ST- Look, for what its worth, I'm not gonna avoid picking the Nittany Lions based on what transpired...Ohio St isn't what it used to be, but PSU still has solid talent. Still, at Buckeye Stadium, I will admit it could get ugly...

Kan St (+7) vs Texas- I must have seen this wrong; K St is the underdog??? Granted, its in Texas, but like Ohio St, Texas isn't playing the way we usually think of them. Sidenote: the over/under on years Bill Snyder still has coaching K St would be intriguing...when you coach at a stadium named after you, its probably a hint that you've done something right.

NFL is coming tomorrow...this way, there will be better lines.

Good luck to Al

No comments:

Post a Comment